Here is Ian. He is dressed up at his discretion because he wanted to look nice for a class photo they are sending to the new President. "I want to look handsome," said the youngster.
He is wielding his guitar, he is our new bass man for the Candy Iguanas. Reagan sings leads, Mel is on electric guitar and I supply the beats on the skins. Name another family that frequently says, "Come on Mom, just one more gig and we'll go to bed."
Watching yesterdays historic events made me think of one thing: my brother Pete. I phoned around trying to find out the secret behind the secret service and learned he might not be on the Mall. Reportedly he worked the midnight shift keeping watch over the land.
I thought of him, as our enemies both foreign and domestic, have inspiration to do something dastardly. And I wanted to know how worried I should be for my brother. Thankfully, either we thwarted them or they didn't have the gusto to make a show. Either way, win for us.
I listened to Bush's goodbye speech from last week, last night. All I got was, and I am paraphrasing, "terrorists only got me once!". Interesting legacy.
Anyhow, I started thinking about the apparently dozing terrorists until this morning, when I read today's newspaper. Their plot seems obvious now. How to take down the American People? The Mama Cass way: Peanut Butter. Seems everyone is recalling peanut butter (though the folks at Reeses assure me I am in clear) in all things from those who like it neat, to those who down Little Debbie like she could make the tax man go away.
Little Debbie. That is how the terrorists are going to get us. Weed us out thought bad Peanut Butter and obesity. Sure it is a wait and see game but in the end, they will win. Get it? In the end?
Comments