
Who would have thought:
- you would keep reading after day 3?
- I would keep writing after day 2? (see http://robertwmason.blogspot.com/ for reference)
- that you would get anything out of this?
- that I would get anything out of this?
- that I would make 250 posts into this thing..?
And "get" I did. Last month, I signed my first contract for a writing position (in my free time) with a Rhode Island magazine. I used many excerpts from my blog as samples and they dug it, enough to want to pay me. I am very excited about that.
A big thank you to all of you that keep reading that misadventures of my family, friends and I. The journey thus far has been fun and giving you a bird-eye view into our lives is weirdly fun. At first it was like walking around naked, now I am a full fledged nudist; so to speak.
In looking back over the first year, I live like a king. Sometimes all it takes is a bit of reflection to see how good you've got it. Usually this hits me on business trips and it is something I should consider more often.
So, with the beginning of year 2, I start with a small request: pick your favorite entry over the last year. you can search the archives (on the right) and leave your favorite in the comments below (just click on "0 comments" to leave one if you've never done it). Or if you like them all, fine by me, or if you think they stink and I should be shackled, let me know that too. Either way, I'd like to hear what you think; you certainly get enough of what I think...
Comments
Favorite funny - Potty humor. That still cracks me up ...
On a sentimental note - the stories of you and your dad ...
Noj nOj noJ