In case you haven't noticed, we've been away. But now, we're back. Here's what you missed:
- Grammy moved out. After my grandfather passed, old age is rearing its face and Grammy moved out and into a lovely home. I am currently trying to figure out how to smuggle shrimp into an old folks home. It feels like smuggling in a file in a birthday cake.
- Weekend in NH. Last weekend, thanks to Mel's mom and my sister Pam, Melissa and I got away for our upcoming Anniversary. I think it's 27 years but Mel insists its only 15. We had a great time, took a cooking class, drove around Winnepausake. Good times.
-Kids. They are still live here. Reagan just got certified to babysit, Ian is really excited about lacrosse. They are nutty as ever but growing up too fast. Ian is using deoderant (I expect because it says it will make him smell like Limes, tropical breeze and Freedom). He mentioned he was thinking about doing "the online college thing" this morning.
-Mel is doing great at work. She's shifted yet again into a new position that allows her schedule to be more relaxed. She'd previously been in meeting after meeting all day long. I have no idea how anything gets done at Yale.
-I am still doing what I do. No real big news there, other than my knife skills impressed our cooking class chef that she thought I worked in a kitchen. Yay for me.
-My parents are somewhere on the coast of Florida moving their VW Vanagon of a boat north through the intercoastal waterway. If you love hearing about my Dads misadventures, you'll love www.barkjava.blogspot.com
-Mel's Mom is here again. Revenge of the Mother-in-Law is probably a fitting title. We actually saw her smile last night.
OK, so that's that. Join me tomorrow when I say, "nobody says you can't test fire alarms at 3am" or something.
Comments