It's a sunny day here on the coast of Connecticut. I sit here in my office while Melissa is in Bridgeport at the hospital, right now, in surgery. That new hip is finally getting installed after being pushed back 2 times due to COVID-19 fears of hospital usage.
Even now, I am not allowed into the hospital. I think of the folks that are ill and can't see their loved ones. How awful.
I am nervous, but not worried. Logic says this surgery is a walk in the park. My brain however, hates the idea of the nicest person I've ever known getting cut into.
Melissa and I facetimed a bit before she was given anesthesia but I am not sure for whose nerves it was. Probably mine. Melissa, as always, is a rock.
So, now it's waiting on a text to say she's out of surgery and then a call from the doc to tell me how well everything went. I hate waiting. My thoughts drift off to her, thinking of plans we've made this month, next, and years from now.
Melissa makes the adventure so much more. Man, I hate waiting.
Even now, I am not allowed into the hospital. I think of the folks that are ill and can't see their loved ones. How awful.
I am nervous, but not worried. Logic says this surgery is a walk in the park. My brain however, hates the idea of the nicest person I've ever known getting cut into.
Melissa and I facetimed a bit before she was given anesthesia but I am not sure for whose nerves it was. Probably mine. Melissa, as always, is a rock.
So, now it's waiting on a text to say she's out of surgery and then a call from the doc to tell me how well everything went. I hate waiting. My thoughts drift off to her, thinking of plans we've made this month, next, and years from now.
Melissa makes the adventure so much more. Man, I hate waiting.
Comments