Skip to main content

My addiction to Short Attention Span Theatre



Hello! And yes, this is costing me money.

I've got an issue (well several really), but when I want to write to you all now, I am confronted with well, do I ramble on about me or lose my self for 10 minutes in tech and get back to work.

Lately, as you can tell, it is been tech. Sorry, you lose. I've been catching some grief from loyal readers...but what is a boy to do?

Anyhow, here is what you have missed around here...

My grass is growing, and may actually be called a lawn in a couple of months. The front yard was a disaster zone after mel and I killed all the weeds, seems the lawn was mostly weed. What is better a green weedy lawn or real dead grass? I am on the weeds side.

Reagan is learning lacrosse this season. she is doing great. I am helping coach and it is really great to be back on the field with a stick. Apparently I amassed some knowledge watching the game 3/4 years I was supposed to be playing it.. she is on a boat ride on the CT river. They say it is educational.

Ian is not playing a sport this season. Nothing starts for him until next year in town and the Y program is a bit lame. He and I play in the yard a lot (soccer and football). He is just so much fun...

Mel is still stressed out at work. She has two open positions so she is working too much and is not sure if she should go near the light at the end of the tunnel. She is still on a committee at church and helping out with Brownies when she can.

Me? Nothing changes. I love being at home, having the run of place and choosing what I want to work on. I am enjoying the tech writing. It is great for my short attention span.

My camera is low on batteries so I only have a couple to share. Rob hasn't sent me any from last weeks Petes late party boat extravaganza...yet.

Last weekend was a lot of fun. The above boat ride was on Sat, winded through Boston harbor and the Charles river. After that, we (just mel and the kids and I) headed off to Salem, Ma then the next morning to Gloucester. Then up to NH to see friends that just a cute little baby girl. Fun all around.

Photo note: Reagan took these pics...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

todays survey

Since you all have done so well with the past two surveys I've taken ( another shirt slogan for Dad and do you get full eating salad or just bored ), here is another: If you eat, say, a bag full of fortune cookies - and I am not saying I have - do they all come true or just a first/last rule? Do they all negate if you eat more than one? Anyone? Bueller?

And now we are One!!!!

Who would have thought: you would keep reading after day 3? I would keep writing after day 2? (see http://robertwmason.blogspot.com/ for reference) that you would get anything out of this? that I would get anything out of this? that I would make 250 posts into this thing..? And "get" I did. Last month, I signed my first contract for a writing position (in my free time) with a Rhode Island magazine. I used many excerpts from my blog as samples and they dug it, enough to want to pay me. I am very excited about that. A big thank you to all of you that keep reading that misadventures of my family, friends and I. The journey thus far has been fun and giving you a bird-eye view into our lives is weirdly fun. At first it was like walking around naked, now I am a full fledged nudist; so to speak. In looking back over the first year, I live like a king. Sometimes all it takes is a bit of reflection to see how good you've got it. Usually this hits me on business trips and ...

How I'll probably die

My new thing has gotten me running, yes running, the past week without complaint and without watching the clock. Unfortunately, the high-risk fringe sport will probably have Ian find me at the end of the treadmill runway, twisted, with a guitar slung from my neck. What is it you ask? Some kind of Mariachi Marathon? Close. Running while playing Guitar Hero is the greatest thing since running with my buddy Jeff. Come to think of it, that really was just running with someone calling you, "fatty" the whole time, but I digress. Running while jamming on guitar trying desperately to keep up with great hits like "American Women" and the surprisingly fitting, "Band on the run". See what I did there? Anyhow, it is freaking amazing. No longer are my eyes glued to the maddening clock. No longer am looking at data (which I seem to hate when it is counting my exercise), I am playing a game. I am a Rock God when I run. Now, I know what you are thinking. Being a...