The spector of death reared its ugly head far too close to home. About 3 houses away.
Last night, we noticed an ambulance outside one of our elderly neighbors house when putting the kids down to bed. That morphed into an all-night peep show of the parade of police cars, crime scene trucks, bright lights and finally at 11, an explanation of what was going on.
We assumed it was a car accident. We'd had snow/sleet/rain for most of the evening. But it was 2 folks found dead around 7:30 from suspected CO2 poisoning. But it wasn't CO2. Not sure what at this point.
So, Mel and I had a conversation on what, if anything to tell Reagan. We decided not to (bad call) tell her anything, since really, we didn't know anything. She knew about the incident from a neighborhood kid before she got on the bus.
So I'll talk to her about it when she gets home, in what I am sure will be a long line of unpleasant things I've got to open her eyes to in this new world.
Just wait till she learns she was supposed to be on top of the WTC back on 9/11 later that very afternoon...
Last night, we noticed an ambulance outside one of our elderly neighbors house when putting the kids down to bed. That morphed into an all-night peep show of the parade of police cars, crime scene trucks, bright lights and finally at 11, an explanation of what was going on.
We assumed it was a car accident. We'd had snow/sleet/rain for most of the evening. But it was 2 folks found dead around 7:30 from suspected CO2 poisoning. But it wasn't CO2. Not sure what at this point.
So, Mel and I had a conversation on what, if anything to tell Reagan. We decided not to (bad call) tell her anything, since really, we didn't know anything. She knew about the incident from a neighborhood kid before she got on the bus.
So I'll talk to her about it when she gets home, in what I am sure will be a long line of unpleasant things I've got to open her eyes to in this new world.
Just wait till she learns she was supposed to be on top of the WTC back on 9/11 later that very afternoon...
Comments