Odd stuff happens at home while I travel. When I was in Vegas for the bike show last year, Mel was zooming away from a pizza place when flashing lights appeared in her rear view mirror.
She insists the light was green when she entered the intersection. The cop obviously disagreed and gave her a ticket. You would think Mel would just pay the ticket, reasoning her time is worth more than the ticket amount (over $100). You'd be wrong.
Tomorrow (Wed), Mel gets her day in court. She'll face her accuser and deny she drove through a red light. Obviously, she's refused to let me represent her as her attorney.
She's a bit nervous, she confided in me last night. She's wishing she paid the stupid ticket and moved on. Me? I am proud of her. I've told her she's a strong, independent woman who stands up for what she believes in. That plus our small town probably can't afford to send a cop 30min away to battle Mel, a caring, church-going, active soccer Mom.
Court time is 9am and of course, I'll miss it. Ian's bus is 8:30. We'll bring you live, late-breaking coverage right here.
$50 on the Law winning this one, any takers?
She insists the light was green when she entered the intersection. The cop obviously disagreed and gave her a ticket. You would think Mel would just pay the ticket, reasoning her time is worth more than the ticket amount (over $100). You'd be wrong.
Tomorrow (Wed), Mel gets her day in court. She'll face her accuser and deny she drove through a red light. Obviously, she's refused to let me represent her as her attorney.
She's a bit nervous, she confided in me last night. She's wishing she paid the stupid ticket and moved on. Me? I am proud of her. I've told her she's a strong, independent woman who stands up for what she believes in. That plus our small town probably can't afford to send a cop 30min away to battle Mel, a caring, church-going, active soccer Mom.
Court time is 9am and of course, I'll miss it. Ian's bus is 8:30. We'll bring you live, late-breaking coverage right here.
$50 on the Law winning this one, any takers?
Comments