
Ian is playing with this little alien guy he got from some machine. It stands about an inch tall. All morning Ian is talking to this alien.
So, here comes time for school and I say, "Ian, we can't bring toys to school." He protests. The bus comes for Reagan and I turn back and he is zipping the top of his backpack and smiling with a little grin looking at me.
Ah-ha! I got him. I add casually, like the uber-intelligent parent I am, "Ian, you know we are taking that out of there before we get to school." He protests but opens it up right away and forks over the alien; which I pocket. I am feeling pretty good about myself.
So we get to school, hang up his jacket, when he dives into his backpack and pulls out 3 binder rings I use for work. I didn't even see him put them in there!!!. I get 2/3 back and he is off and running with the last one. Darn kid is getting fast.
- getting taken by a 3-year-old. Check. One less thing on my list of things to do...
Comments