In an effort to "control" or reduce the hitting that goes on between my kids, I instituted a "firm no-hit policy". This policy says anyone using physical violence towards another (to include: hitting, pushing, squeezing, slapping, or otherwise) will have a prize possesion removed for 24 hours.
Both lost their blankets they sleep with on day 1. Day 2, I lost something.
Ian was being reminded to wash his hands when he started pouting and slammed the door. I tapped him on the head and told him that was not acceptable. 5 minutes later he comes to me and says, "Dad, you lose something". He had me dead to rights.
I could have held out on my supreme governance or changed the rules, but he was being smart and used his head and caught me. So I gave up my new necklace that sports a broken choke lever from my outboard engine. I call it a choker! ha! get it?
Ian was all smiles and is wearing the choker now.
Both lost their blankets they sleep with on day 1. Day 2, I lost something.
Ian was being reminded to wash his hands when he started pouting and slammed the door. I tapped him on the head and told him that was not acceptable. 5 minutes later he comes to me and says, "Dad, you lose something". He had me dead to rights.
I could have held out on my supreme governance or changed the rules, but he was being smart and used his head and caught me. So I gave up my new necklace that sports a broken choke lever from my outboard engine. I call it a choker! ha! get it?
Ian was all smiles and is wearing the choker now.
Comments