Five girls. Pizza place, mini golf and nail painting and God knows what else. That was Reagan's Saturday night.
I sat at home waiting for her to call to say, "good night". Nope. The only call I got was a 10 till 9am, the agreed pick up time, asking me if she could stay another hour. Sure, great.
Seems she got to sleep about 2:30am. Awesome. One girl got homesick but Reagan outlasted them all in staying up. I am sure she won a prize or at least got immunity from the next vote (if you don't watch Survivor; like 98% of America; you might not get that).
Another milestone passed with flying colors. I suspect my parenting manual says we should pat ourselves on the back for raising a child who can handle these types of things but I am left with only the sad realization my little girl no longer needs her back rubbed, assurances that all is ok in the world and that no boogie man -or Ian for that matter- is hiding in her closet.
Something tells me Ian doesn't need that anymore either. Good thing Melissa does...Ha!
I sat at home waiting for her to call to say, "good night". Nope. The only call I got was a 10 till 9am, the agreed pick up time, asking me if she could stay another hour. Sure, great.
Seems she got to sleep about 2:30am. Awesome. One girl got homesick but Reagan outlasted them all in staying up. I am sure she won a prize or at least got immunity from the next vote (if you don't watch Survivor; like 98% of America; you might not get that).
Another milestone passed with flying colors. I suspect my parenting manual says we should pat ourselves on the back for raising a child who can handle these types of things but I am left with only the sad realization my little girl no longer needs her back rubbed, assurances that all is ok in the world and that no boogie man -or Ian for that matter- is hiding in her closet.
Something tells me Ian doesn't need that anymore either. Good thing Melissa does...Ha!
Comments