So, to the surprise of all of us, Reagan picked up a winter sport. We thought she was fooling us with talk about indoor track. But she came home beaming with the news, "I am a pole vaulter."
What?
Apparently, kids just pick which sport they want to play and then handed my girl a pole. Two weeks in or so, and she loves it.
She had her first meet last night. She got two attempts: she straddled the bar on attempt one and on the second she hit the bar again. She says it was scary but she loved it. She explained the corrections, "I need to lift more with my hip on take off" like I should know that's the correction or something.
The height: 5 feet. OK, so you've got to start somewhere.
I'll get to see her next meet next Thursday. I a pretty excited as I don't think I've ever been to an indoor track meet. Heck, I don't think I've ever been interested enough to even watch them in the Olympics.
I wonder if I should bring the foam finger or the cow bell? Who am I kidding - you can't get enough of either!
What?
Apparently, kids just pick which sport they want to play and then handed my girl a pole. Two weeks in or so, and she loves it.
She had her first meet last night. She got two attempts: she straddled the bar on attempt one and on the second she hit the bar again. She says it was scary but she loved it. She explained the corrections, "I need to lift more with my hip on take off" like I should know that's the correction or something.
The height: 5 feet. OK, so you've got to start somewhere.
I'll get to see her next meet next Thursday. I a pretty excited as I don't think I've ever been to an indoor track meet. Heck, I don't think I've ever been interested enough to even watch them in the Olympics.
I wonder if I should bring the foam finger or the cow bell? Who am I kidding - you can't get enough of either!

Comments