
My Dad is expecting a big slam today... but it is not going to happen...
I hope one day my kids have the same kind of relationship with me that I have with my Dad. He was just here, offering to help with my boat, talking about sick family, his hopes for certain things in the future and always some words of advice...
I should add that this kind man did try to kill me on Tuesday... Tried his best drop his mast onto my head...
I like to tease him with my brother about not knowing our names growing up, what grade we were in...getting splashed with a bucket-load of water for coming home a little tipsy (hey it was the 80s)...but it is all in good fun. I mean, we (my brother and I) turned out quasi-stable and we have him partly to thank for that.
So no poking fun, no getting him red in the face, no busting his chops today. Just a "thanks" Dad. For all you do...
Comments