
"Uh, Daddy, what is the suitcase for?"
"Just in case we need something, sweety"
"Are you going somewhere?"
"I am not going anywhere without you guys"
"Hmmm"
That was the conversation at the airport car park on our way to "pick up Mommy" at the airport after her conference in Tampa, FL. Instead, we boarded a flight and met her. The kids were very excited to be going on a plane. We decided to surpise the kids with a trip not only to Florida but a two day adventure at Disney. Yeah, we rock.
Once Mommy met us at the airport, we drove back to her hotel. She had an envelope waiting for them on the bed with tickets for Disney inside. The kids were as excited as they could be for it being 11pm at night.
The next day it was off to Orlando and the Magic Kingdom. Years prior, when we took Reagan
for the first time, it was amazing to see her response to her storybook friends. Ians reaction brought back the same feelings. He donned this amazing smile when photoing with the princesses (he takes after me...).Reagan rode space mountain with me and was more brave than I. She also agreed to go back on to the ride that scared the bejesus out of her on her first trip, Dinosaur. This time only her and I rode it and it was a mistake. I had my eyes closed the whole time and decided I should cover her eyes and ears too. The ride is pitch black with dinos popping out and screaming at you. A bit nerve racking. In the photo taken on the ride, it was tough to see Reagan as I covered most of her up...

We had a great time. The kids found Pirates of the Carribean a bit dodgy but it was all good. Both kids lasted without tantrum until about 10:30pm when Ian just conked out.
Future spoiler: Reagan is a bad driver. Or at least at Disney on the Indy car ride I made the mistake of riding with her...I had driving with Pete flashbacks....
Ian is in love with Ariel (who isn't?)

Comments