Memo to my immediate family:
In thinking about this years Secret Santa, I had a thought. There is really nothing I need, and little I still desire. Looking around, we are pretty fortunate and another Fry-Daddy or Gap gift card probably isn't going to get any of us all that excited.
This led me to thinking about what we could do instead. I propose donating the money to some charity that could do some real good. Mel's church introduced us to this Heffer International (I swear it is real). They do some real, tangible things. The main idea is they give an animal (goat, cow, rabbits etc) to someone in need. They take care of it and share its offspring with those in their community.
So, perhaps I am way off base, but I'd like to open the floor to any ideas on something good to do with $600 or so dollars instead of buying presents... And what great role models for our kids would we be? Think about it and let me know...
In thinking about this years Secret Santa, I had a thought. There is really nothing I need, and little I still desire. Looking around, we are pretty fortunate and another Fry-Daddy or Gap gift card probably isn't going to get any of us all that excited.
This led me to thinking about what we could do instead. I propose donating the money to some charity that could do some real good. Mel's church introduced us to this Heffer International (I swear it is real). They do some real, tangible things. The main idea is they give an animal (goat, cow, rabbits etc) to someone in need. They take care of it and share its offspring with those in their community.
So, perhaps I am way off base, but I'd like to open the floor to any ideas on something good to do with $600 or so dollars instead of buying presents... And what great role models for our kids would we be? Think about it and let me know...
Comments