
Well, the answer to the question on everyone's mind is when do young girls start to feel insecure about their bodies...is age 8.
I was met by a tearful young girl this morning who needed some help picking out shorts. Seems she didn't like any in her drawer. So I blindly grab a pair and say, "try these". She retorts, "they make me look fat".
What? This is wrong on so many levels:
- fat? Who's fat? "You ain't fat you aint nothing..."-Weird Al from the "Beat It" parody...
- Why does one care about that at age 8. Heck, it took me until age 35 (next year) until I started caring...
- What are we doing to our youth to put this kind of pressure on them...?
- It must be bad parenting.
- Who does she not want to look fat for??? (Darn that Jimmy)
- Why do I love the "..." so much?
Comments