Ian is now an Astronaut-In-Training (AINT) certified by me.
This all started yesterday in the city. We thought we'd do something fun for lunch before heading to American Girl store. Uncle Rob picked Mars2112, a Mars themed restaurant that included a "space ship ride" from earth to Mars and Aliens walking around saying hi.
Ian wasn't quite sure what to make. He challenged one alien with his Faux-Karate moves I taught him, which the alien pressed if he took lessons, I told her I taught
him (and of course, I learned from viewing the instruction DVD of Karate Kid). Here is a tip for you restaurant type owners: if a 4 year old can see through your deal, time for an upgrade. Ian was so proud he figured out the aliens were just people in costumes...Anyhow, upon leaving (and a to the death battle of hockey in the game room, why do they make the table so low? hurts my back) Uncle Rob got Ian this space shuttle. Ian is enamored and now wants to be an Astronaut for Halloween (and so do I).
You know, his grandfather is an astronaut... You know it is going to be a good week when we start on Monday with a funny picture of my Dad...
Comments
The 4-year olds will love it.
Of course, that doesn't explain my wanting to be an astronaut...