
The biggest problem I see with politics is I am lazy. I am using I here as a euphemism to really mean you; we, us, even them.
I am scared again. I hear the beating drums of the passionate, defending themselves from someone, preparing our defense against crazy dictators, and securing their place in history. And it is getting louder.
Take a look at this http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15220450/
(see also Obermans piece on lying...
Basically, this law removes our right to, well a lot of things (see Bill of Rights 1-10 -minus #3, that one we keep).
It is so much easier to laugh it off, my chosen intoxicator than it is to get fired up. But the stakes are getting bigger. If Mr. Oberman is correct, than the colonists fought over what was just taken away from us without any fanfare. No public outcry, recognition, input or otherwise.
All in the name of "protecting us from terror". But who is protecting us from those that protect us from terror?
I wish I wasn't this lazy. Everyone I speak to agrees we need a new party, one with values. One that holds honesty dear, or at least can fake it well. One that does the right thing, not just the right thing to get elected.
As a parent I am scared for the kids. What will be left of the US when they grow old enough to be spyed on, lied to and mislead? It is up to us lazy people.
All those in favor click #2 on your remote control...
Comments