I must have hit the snooze button waaaaay too many times this week as it is already Friday. I suspect I am still in my Monday clothes and probably need a good shower. Where does the time go?
I've been busy being a bachelor, er, single dad with Mel in Florida. That and I've got a busy travel week planned for next. Back to Mexico. I need to find my passport again. Damn.
Well, one thing that couldn't be snoozed is Ian's birthday. He is so genuinely excited that today is his "day of all days" it cracks me up. That and his inhaling laugh that earned him the nickname, "dolphin boy". The big 5 for Ian, good God, where does it go. A quick trip in the way back machine:
Five Years Ago:
- We lived in a house by a reservoir in this town.
- Bike shop was alive and well; or at least alive.
- We hadn't bought our first Honda Elly yet
- Reagan was still in preschool (the one Ian is leaving at the end of this month for after school care).
- Mel was low man on the totem pole.
- I didn't blog (plus or minus?)
- Rob lived alone in Hartford, I think Pete was working in a gay bar. Pam was a high-finance something or other.
Which is all good, don't get me wrong. Funny the paths we take.
Ian told me yesterday that his gym was too small. He is thinking of expanding. Maybe a franchise?
And to the folks who called this am to wish Ian a happy day; I was actually blown away. I don't remember my birthday much less a Grandson/Great Newphew (gosh you folks are old); touching. Very touching. Thanks!
Comments