So all week I've been getting txts and emails from my brother, who is hanging out with Karen on the other side of the world. He's been jotting notes and sending images of them helicoptering, hiking on glaciers, biking through vineyards and remote coves. Today though, he takes the cake.
You all know I love saili
ng. So what does my dear brother do? Sends me an image of a New Zealand trial horse boat for the Americas Cup healed over, beating upwind in the Huraki (sp?)Gulf in Auckland. He got out on a Black Magic boat in New Zealand. I am so happy for him #$#$*&^.
I can taste the salt and the fresh, fragrent breeze off the Southern Ocean. I can hear the mast and stays groan with the high loads the wind and sails have conspired to present. I can feel the boat hobby horse the chop. I can feel the satisfaction I'll have when I give my brother a cheap shot to the groin when he returns.
I want to end with something like, "with brothers like this, who needs..." but I can't. I know I'll get something like, "My brother sailed an America's Cup boat and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" and I'll be glad to get it, knowing he was out there, sucking the marrow of life.God I hate him.
Comments