
There are probably some readers out there that don't know I was an up-and-coming rap star back in the late 80s. Indeeds, as the pretty face for JJ and the Muffin Mix Crew, the future looked bright and there was talk about a record deal.
Fast forward to last week where I am the new tech writer for an empowerment urban professional magazine. Dubbed Prominent magazine, it has distribution in the US, Japan and Europe. And they will all be reading about tech stuff from me, a pudgy white guy in CT. I am not sure who the joke is on, but most likely me. Although, it is my best paying gig to date. A quick look at their website shows only black folks. They didn't ask if I was black but I didn't offer it either. Hopefully they won't ask for a picture.
Black pride; empowerment, 5 acres and mule. If that is not me, I don't know what is.
**if you are looking for the punchline here, sorry pal. this is all true.
Comments
Noj nOj noJ