Skip to main content

Bi-monthly news?

Ok, folks I've just met for the first time today are chastising me about not updating so here we go: the cavalcade of news. I am doing this in reverse chronological order cause it is more fun.

Honda no more.
We'll miss the Honda Element. It's amazing snow prowess and funky utilitarian looks served us well these past five years but we are moving on. Melissa assures me we need to haul around more kids (no more of our own, thankfully); but between my lacrosse team, soccer team, nephews, and kids friends, more room is what we needed and our 4-seater Honda refused to sprout jump seats.

So we bought the car I've been wanting to buy for eons: a Volvo wagon. Setting the bar as a child my Dad had this rad Volvo, top-of-the-line jobber that I've always aspired to. Finally, I've achieved this mark. Reading back, that is kinda sad in my own little world, but I am ok with it.

Ian gets a trophy wife.
Ok, it is just a trophy, but he wouldn't be thrilled with the wife part anyway. He's walked around with it non-stop since he got it, and today it is at school with him for show and share. He got it for the 3rd place pinewood derby finish I told you about before. I am still amazed. He couldn't be more thrilled.

Reagan's sleep over involves just about everything besides sleep.
For her birthday, Reagan had 3 friends over. Two of them are on my lacrosse team and one was a neighborhood girl. They looked like they had fun with minimal infighting. There was nail polish, movies, games and other stuff I tried to steer clear of.

Bad a$$ bonsai
I bought a bonsai tree at local fancy flower shop Ikea that decided to drop all its leaves and look much more like a stump than tree. I've watered and chanted to it daily and it is sprouting new buds and leaves, it is coming back! I couldn't be prouder. I think it is the chanting.
Weather or not
It is raining/snowing here today. We had 50 deg plus over the weekend, warm enough for me to have to make up reasons not to work on the boat... It is on my radar now. But it is raining today so...I am not working on it again today.

That is about all I can handle now. Look for updates every day this week - they are sure to be amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

todays survey

Since you all have done so well with the past two surveys I've taken ( another shirt slogan for Dad and do you get full eating salad or just bored ), here is another: If you eat, say, a bag full of fortune cookies - and I am not saying I have - do they all come true or just a first/last rule? Do they all negate if you eat more than one? Anyone? Bueller?

And now we are One!!!!

Who would have thought: you would keep reading after day 3? I would keep writing after day 2? (see http://robertwmason.blogspot.com/ for reference) that you would get anything out of this? that I would get anything out of this? that I would make 250 posts into this thing..? And "get" I did. Last month, I signed my first contract for a writing position (in my free time) with a Rhode Island magazine. I used many excerpts from my blog as samples and they dug it, enough to want to pay me. I am very excited about that. A big thank you to all of you that keep reading that misadventures of my family, friends and I. The journey thus far has been fun and giving you a bird-eye view into our lives is weirdly fun. At first it was like walking around naked, now I am a full fledged nudist; so to speak. In looking back over the first year, I live like a king. Sometimes all it takes is a bit of reflection to see how good you've got it. Usually this hits me on business trips and ...

How I'll probably die

My new thing has gotten me running, yes running, the past week without complaint and without watching the clock. Unfortunately, the high-risk fringe sport will probably have Ian find me at the end of the treadmill runway, twisted, with a guitar slung from my neck. What is it you ask? Some kind of Mariachi Marathon? Close. Running while playing Guitar Hero is the greatest thing since running with my buddy Jeff. Come to think of it, that really was just running with someone calling you, "fatty" the whole time, but I digress. Running while jamming on guitar trying desperately to keep up with great hits like "American Women" and the surprisingly fitting, "Band on the run". See what I did there? Anyhow, it is freaking amazing. No longer are my eyes glued to the maddening clock. No longer am looking at data (which I seem to hate when it is counting my exercise), I am playing a game. I am a Rock God when I run. Now, I know what you are thinking. Being a...