
Fact: Dishwashers are stupid.
Fact: Dishwashers bust more than washing machines for some stupid reason.
Fact: My diswasher is doing some stupid game where it flashes a green light that it believes is funny.
Fact: It is not funny.
I am at the brink of my frustration limits. ARRGGGHHHH!!!! Back as a wide-eyed homeowner five years ago, I installed our brand-nicky-new dishwasher. It cost a small fortune but was designed with enough features and beep-bop bells and whistles to make R2D2 yell cat calls at it.
But now, the stupid thing just sits there, mocking me. I keeps me up at night with the green LED On, Off, On, Off. I can almost hear the electronics clicking on and off.
So, now we are hand washing. And by "we" I mean Melissa. Hey, I cook.
So my choices: Pay Mr. Sears $109 to come out and tell me:
(A) Yep, the Heater or Panel is busted
(B) Funny thing, Mr. Sears doesn't have that ($100) part, gonna have to order it.
(C) means another $109 trip out to come and install.
So if you are good at math, like me, you know that a totally new dishwasher can be had for $318 and that means I don't even have to clean the old one like I've been meaning to. And no, that didn't cause the problemo.
My Dad would say fix it. Actually he did say fix it when I described the issue. Of course, my follow up question, "have you ever fixed a dishwasher?" elicited a "no" response. It seems like such a big thing to go belly up in five years.
Mr. SalesGuy (probably not his real name) says they are built to last 7 to 10 years. Again, it seems like a big item to replace that often. I mean, the darn thing is a glorified sprinkler in a box.
So, the idea of parting with $300 just isn't doing it for me and I will either light fire to house or myself if I start in on the electronics. (I am a software guy, not hardware so much).
Personally, I wish the Jawas would drop bye, I'd sell it to them. [in Star Wars the Jawas were the Sanford and Son of Tatooine, the planet where...aww skip it.]
Tomorrows post: Stealing Ladders - don't miss it.
Comments