Mel and I had very different upbringings. My parents were always just a step away from moving onto a sailboat and sail away into the sunset. Our house was even on the market for a while. My family always felt that pull of the sea.
Mel's family, not so much.
I learned to sail in a small dinghy, at Napatree. Napatree is a great little beach/harbor where I've been taking summer vacations most of my life.
Ian, this past vacation, learned to sail in a small dinghy at Napatree. He was thrilled to get the hang of it. What amazes me about Ian is he is always positive. No matter the experience, he finds the good things in it. It's inspiring.
So, check the video. See if it doesn't bring tears to your eyes too.
Thanks to Dad who built "Pie" the small dinghy that made this vacation so much fun. We all got to take turns sailing her around the anchorage. The unique dinghy cause much admiration among sailors who wish they had something that looked that much fun. Thanks, Pop.
Remember when $1000 was a ton of cash?
See the video in full HD glory here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA-rBEUNMYk
Comments