In between songs last night, the new lead singer of INXS said, "check a bantha". Of course, Mel didn't hear that. She heard something that totally makes sense and sounded nothing like "check a bantha". A bantha, if I am not mistaken is what the sandpeople rode around on... (Star Wars reference)For some reason (even when my ears have not been blasted out by some crappy opening band- though Mel says they were not that bad), I have trouble making out low pitch men mumbling. Not men that pitch a baseball in the dirt, ones that talk in low frequency. Always have, and in a crowded place it is worse. I end up hearing something nothing like that which was intended. I nod a lot and say, "oh yeah, for sure" at what looks like appropriate places.
This was Mel's Valentine present, the concert not my "check a Bantha". She apparently has a love for this band as she got up and danced. Danced well mind you. Not like me.
So, how was the concert/reality TV show? Sold out. Not bad. Marty and the Lovehammers were ok. Loud. Too loud. I can hear it, "you are getting old." Maybe so, but that doesn't change their is a limit on decibels needed to make your ears bleed that does not vary inversely with age.
I kind of surprised Mel with this. She was looking at tickets on Ebay (sadly, the Help Desk Coordinator only made her first ebay purchase a month ago and was amazed by the transaction). I got tickets for this show for $7.50 more than face value for amazingly good seats. (orders now being accepted for "Melon's Guide to Ebay" published by Bantha Books). Actually, I just use www.auctionsniper.com. You put in the auction number and how much you want to pay. Then at the last 5 seconds, it bids your amount. Usually works. They get a small cut of the action...
Anyhow, the new singer, JD did well finding middle ground from the deceased old singer and his own unique style. He moved like a lead singer should. The new songs were less than spectacular compared to the hey-day of INXS, but that is just my opinion. Mel thought they were pretty good (INXS does Reggae? what's up with that???)So with that, I bid you "check a bantha". Which means "have a good weekend" for those of you not well versed in the younger, hipper slang. Like me.
Comments