
So, in just 5 short days, I will put my family in a floating camper and attempt to navigate my way to the neighboring state. I am so sure I can do this. This is why we bought a boat, to be able to go off and just be. Plus, minus the gas, it is cheap and this is supposed to be sailing... We are headed where I learned to sail where we used to vacation many years ago...
I've got charts, gasoline, 4 sails, 4 bunks, and I am sure not enough room to pack all our "stuff".
And I've got a back up: Dad. He is going to shadow us and hang with us at the beach. He has a grill, so it is cool.
I am not sure if I am a praying guy, a chanting guy, a meditating guy, but I think there is a higher power (he/she did make me drop dead gorgeous right?), so I'll do all three and cover the bases hoping for enough wind and a following sea.
Will it compare with my childhood memories? Absolutely! i hope to teach Reagan to sail, Reagan to snorkle (Ian to gulp water and give up), the kids to body surf, Mel to relax and love being on a small boat. Ok, sidebar that is a lie. I want Mel to enjoy it but to believe that a bigger boat will make everyone feel better...
Becuase a bigger boat solves everything. Any problem you have, any ailment, anything, the answer is always a bigger boat (and the number 7 for some reason)...
Comments
and now, you have the name for your next boat, "Seven."
That is gold, Jerry, gold.
-Noj NOj NOJ