
In shopping yesterday, I sneaked a meat-like product into our cart without anyone noticing. Nothing major I thought.
As of late, I am trying to reduce the bad things that previously I ate. Things like bacon (I tried turkey bacon last week), and this week, soy chorizo (a spicy Mexican sausage). I like to mix things up and if a bit of soy enters my diet and has few calories, I am all for it.
Not for it: Mel. She refused my turkey bacon. She has plenty of questions about my meat alternative habits as of late. She even mentioned if I venture into tofu land, the word divorce might enter the conversation. She is afraid of non-meat pretending to be.
I don't know why I am drawing this kind of criticism. For some reason, Mel seems to think any meat imposter is evil. She doesn't even like turkey burgers (I had one of those in the past month too, at a restaurant no less). Me, I am all for alternatives. Mel not so much.
Mel managed to sneak a pack of real bacon into the cart. At the checkout, my "not even low sodium?" I playfully asked...Mel's glare led me to know there was no discussion to be had. I had been vetoed. Again.
Comments
We are behind you Melon Man ... Turkey Burgers ROCK!!!! Turkey Bacon - Not so much. The Turkey Pepperoni is really good and not at all greasy.
The turkey sausages are really good too, especially with some black beans and rice.
But the best, Turkey Jerky ... Not only is it fun to say, but it is some good stuff for a snack.
Noj nOj noJ
Warning for the Melon, I think you should go back to picking on your Dad. My wrath might lead you to the couch. Dad's not so much! :O) -Mel