While Ian was learning the finer points of cigar smoking while walking (science breakthrough: doing something healthy cancels out any unhealthy thing as long as they are done simultaneously...for example: playing russian roulette while eating an orange? you should be fine. How about base jumping while calling your mom? sure. Handling a cranky rattlesnake? Maybe a little jog in place and you'll be A.O.K.) Reagan was making a discovery of her own at home, "Dad, something is smoking!"
Seems handy Chef Melon (pronounced with a French Mel-own sound) in the midst of whipping up a chicken noodle soup, forgot that he was whipping up a chicken noodle soup. An hour and some black smoke later and voila! A kitchen that stank.

Nothing is as much fun as airing out the house in 32 deg weather. Take your wallet and throw it into the street.
The fallout from this unfortunate event? Grandma Carmens world-renknown rice pan. This is the historic pan that Carmen used to make the best darn rice this side of China (I love the fried rice). Mel tried to clean it, taking odd scraping tools to it but my pleas for saving the pan stopped her and I convinced her to let it soak. I don't know if it can be saved.
I'd say I miss my short-term memory but I really don't remember what it was like. I will miss this pan though. And the bountiful rice from whence it came. I need a tissue....
Seems handy Chef Melon (pronounced with a French Mel-own sound) in the midst of whipping up a chicken noodle soup, forgot that he was whipping up a chicken noodle soup. An hour and some black smoke later and voila! A kitchen that stank.
Nothing is as much fun as airing out the house in 32 deg weather. Take your wallet and throw it into the street.
The fallout from this unfortunate event? Grandma Carmens world-renknown rice pan. This is the historic pan that Carmen used to make the best darn rice this side of China (I love the fried rice). Mel tried to clean it, taking odd scraping tools to it but my pleas for saving the pan stopped her and I convinced her to let it soak. I don't know if it can be saved.
I'd say I miss my short-term memory but I really don't remember what it was like. I will miss this pan though. And the bountiful rice from whence it came. I need a tissue....
Comments