Boy this week picked up steam... Tuesday seems so long ago. But for fun, I am going to work it backwards.
Today: finally a whole inch of white stuff (easy boys, I am talking about snow). Ian (who now takes to climbing into my bed after Mel gets out and snuggling me with his ice cold feet) ran out of the room and attacked his sister with snow-mania. At 34 deg, it is going quick.
Yesterday saw my parents 21st anniversary so Rob and I took Dad out to lunch (Mom wasn't available)...And we went swimming (not with Rob o
Wed. saw a Melon field trip to Brooklyn, on business no less, then lunch in Manhattan with Rob. Got to see his new office digs (right in Rockefeller Plaza, yeah it beats my office) and have a "small snack" at Carnegie Deli.
So there I am in Brooklyn, Flatbush Ave actually at a red light when someone honks to get my attention. The car next to me has its window down and signals for me to do the same. The driver, a man in a turban asks, "I notice you are from Connecticut, can you tell me how to get to Foxwoods?" On cue, his passenger a woman, flashes a smile, only 3 of the front teeth are gold and the glare hits me right in the eye. I am temporarily blinded by the golden smile and give them top-level directions. That is me, doo-gooder by day, bad direction man by um, day too.
Tuesday? I don't recall but I think we got word of an impending visit from Mels family. I am sure this will involve some cleaning prep for me, which is nice.
Comments