I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing about this image of a human vending machine.It is could be because on first read through, I was trying to imagine who would buy a human from a vending machine. Upon closer inspection, there is a lady in the box. She's got room to access either "viewing port"
It is just great. Japan is full of marketing geniuses... I am totally intrigued for some reason...
In other news, Reagan begged me to let her out while waiting out a 2 hour delay, me saying no, you'll hurt yourself on the ice. Finally, after about 20 min of begging I cave and whammo, she falls and smacks her head on the ice. (she is ok. I check for concussion...).
It pains me to be a correct parent.
And finally, a listening tip. check out www.stateradio.com. My brother Rob and I are going to see them in NYC this weekend... They rock. Some songs about politics and others about an old folks home. Lively.
And finally, finally, I am reading The time travelers wife. My dad turned it
on to me. Ok, I am fine with the concept, a man seemingly randomly transports back in time, forward etc. all on his own, no machine and he can't really control it. All well and good. My problem is, his existence is not linear. I mean to say that his wife never knows when he'll leave her and when he'll return. He is not consistent in his existence.I discuss this with the old man, because it bugs me. He says it is fiction, read it as such. I can't leave it at that. If he does not exist in the present, he surely can't exist in the future. Bugs the heck out of me. Mel doesn't care either. I am, again, all alone in my scientific debate. Maybe all will be explained (1/2 way through) but I doubt. I've found most of the answers I seek are not laid out, rather you grope for them like a night-time trip to the fridge trying to find the milk.
Comments