
Welcome to your work week. This is a very special week for us here at the Melon, as Mrs. Melon journeys to the great state of Florida for some R&R (oops, I mean conference). Here is a recap of the 3 hours since she has left:
5:30am - Valet service requested to help put the bag in the car.
7am - "Where's Momma?" asks Ian as he invades my covers.
7:01am- tap tap tap on my forehead, "where is Momma?"
7:55am "Daddy, I need help picking out my clothes," I fall for this one every time. The way I see it, how much longer will she request my input in her life, or for something as important as fashion? 4 skirts later (she has gone through a growth spurt, leaving most of her clothes unfit for exhaling) and we find something managable.
Currently it is rainy and 82 deg. in Nuku'alofa (near Tonga) and where frankly, I have no idea what they speak, maybe French.
Turning to yesterday, I remember it like it was, well, yesterday. I had a great bike ride, (I skipped church) and rode my skinny tire'd bike on these mudflats, about a 1/2 mile. I reckon I was going about
15mph on packed sand. Awesome.In other news, my father has now taken to wearing his heart rate monitor at family gatherings. This means we'll be able to accurately record his spikes in heated debate.
And finally, congratulations to my brother. He purchased his first Volvo, seen here. Rob has really worked hard and is no more the butt of my car jokes (his last one earned him $75 trade-in value). Well done Rob and nice color choice.

So, here is to hoping this week is quiet, easy and filled children who don't miss their mom so much, they drive me nuts. "drive" is probably the wrong word, I mean, for me to get there it is not even worth buckling up.
Comments