A fantastic Monday to you!The biggest news is the winner of the 10th anniversary vacation contest was announced and the winner is: Marina Cay.
What? Where? Why?
Marina Cay is a speck of an island off the eastern coast of Tortola, BVI. The island is home to a Pussers rum (you may know I enjoy the pirate beverage) outpost. Basically a room, a restraunt, a couple of bars and hobie cats. A max of 16 people stay there. Golden. For more, check here

A nice 5 night excursion. Anyone want to watch to 2 darling children? ha ha.
In a related story, my parents returned from their visit to a neighboring island to where we are headed. I am holding back some old folks jokes as they did not take advantage of the huge sailing fleet, superior diving, windsurfing, dinghy exploring opportunities, instead just taking in the peace and quiet. God help me if I get old. I sense their intake of beverages may be inversely related to their waterborne activity level...

In local news, I was saddened to learn my neighbors house is being foreclosed on. But it makes me look a little more sane in my wife's view though. For a week, I've noticed cars slowing by their house, some taking pictures, others just rubbernecking. My office window faces the street. I've been relating this to mel that something big is going down...and it was. It was sad when I found the info buried in the paper. Apparently they don't make a "sorry your house was foreclosed on" card and I don't think I could go over and say that so I sit and look for something to help them with...maybe moving? Hope the new neighbors don't mind the great view of my boat they have!
Reagan just finished book #(darn I forgot what number it was) of Harry Potter. A 734 page monstrosity that she read most of; I read to her a couple of pages before bed every other night, but she reads religiously for 15 minutes a night. She has her Grandfathers' gift for devouring books. Watching the movie (her reward for finishing the book, mostly so she can develop the elitist attitude of "the book was sooo much better!") she was quick to point out things they skipped in the movie, or got wrong. She is a sponge.
Ian is getting over whatever illness kept him home the second half of last week. Poor little guy. He is at school today and if I were a betting man (which I am so not) I'd say my phone will ring at 2pm with a request to come collect him.

In family news, I am excited to report I hear from my Aunt and Uncle in Alaska regularly now. My cousin Kyle works up on the "slope" (where they had that leak, I hear he had nothing to do with it...). This influx of friendly family warmth is so fantastic. They are truly an amazing bunch. It is nice to know my "sanity" level is inherited...ha.
Comments