Last night, Mel and I went to an Underage Drinking meeting at the high school. I suggested showing up drunk, or bringing a six pack to it or my hat that holds 2 beers and straws.
Would it be lame to say it was a sobering experience? The figures are scary. Many start drinking before age 11. They had one kid on a video that started at age 9.
That hit home. Made us think about how our kids see booze and how we contribute to that. How many sporting events are sponsored by booze (or smokes for that matter?). It is everywhere. You think it can't get us in our little town, nope.
Anyhow, it made me feel silly for suggesting we show up drunk. I did anyway...no I didn't. One more thing to fret about.
Would it be lame to say it was a sobering experience? The figures are scary. Many start drinking before age 11. They had one kid on a video that started at age 9.
That hit home. Made us think about how our kids see booze and how we contribute to that. How many sporting events are sponsored by booze (or smokes for that matter?). It is everywhere. You think it can't get us in our little town, nope.
Anyhow, it made me feel silly for suggesting we show up drunk. I did anyway...no I didn't. One more thing to fret about.
Comments