Knock, Knock, Knock on my door (a double door mind you) at 3am on Wednesday morning. I am greeted by two stocky individuals claiming to be "Flamingo Hotel Customer Relationship Managers" and ask to have a few words with me.
I say ok, and we sit in the sitting room. They ask me about how I am enjoying the gift presented to my by the Flamingo. This goes on for a couple of minutes, with them peppering their comments with the word "gift" too many times. They note my liberal use of the big fluffy towels, the citrus body wash, etc...
Then they ask the question, "So, can we expect you to join us at the tables for some cards?". Ah Ha! You can't sell a sales guy like me, they expect me to pay for the "free" room upgrade. I explain how I have horrible luck and don't like parting with money. They explain that my luck could be a lot worse, wink wink.
So, I agree. I go down to the tables and lose $200 playing Pai Gow. Appartenly the rules of Pai Gow are quite simple: you start with a pile of chips, they show you some fancy artwork of numbers on cards, you nod, they take your chips. Fun!
All right that didn't really happen. Though it would make a good tv show. I'd watch it or at least tivo it and then never watch it. Truth be told, I didn't gamble a dime, unless you count the Baja Breakfast Wrap I tried... Man, I hate Vegas.
I say ok, and we sit in the sitting room. They ask me about how I am enjoying the gift presented to my by the Flamingo. This goes on for a couple of minutes, with them peppering their comments with the word "gift" too many times. They note my liberal use of the big fluffy towels, the citrus body wash, etc...
Then they ask the question, "So, can we expect you to join us at the tables for some cards?". Ah Ha! You can't sell a sales guy like me, they expect me to pay for the "free" room upgrade. I explain how I have horrible luck and don't like parting with money. They explain that my luck could be a lot worse, wink wink.
So, I agree. I go down to the tables and lose $200 playing Pai Gow. Appartenly the rules of Pai Gow are quite simple: you start with a pile of chips, they show you some fancy artwork of numbers on cards, you nod, they take your chips. Fun!
All right that didn't really happen. Though it would make a good tv show. I'd watch it or at least tivo it and then never watch it. Truth be told, I didn't gamble a dime, unless you count the Baja Breakfast Wrap I tried... Man, I hate Vegas.
Comments