Ok, so I blew it. I lost focus. I let distractions here keep me away from the big picture. I am talking here about a screw up of epic proportions. Whatever the reason, I neglected to post a "Happy Birthday" to my father-in-law.

Ed Walker, international man of mystery. About 6'4", 6'8" with afro, once played free safety for the New York Giants (1961-1963). Ok, no he didn't. But you have to respect a man that grew up on the rough and tumble streets of New York City.
How he ever survived raising two daughters, I am not sure I know. (especially if you happen to know the two daughters).
As is tradition, here are the top five things I like about Mr. Walker/Ed/Dad (I think on the last visit I called him each, plus a few I am not supposed to repeat-ha).
Happy Birthday from all of us here...

Ed Walker, international man of mystery. About 6'4", 6'8" with afro, once played free safety for the New York Giants (1961-1963). Ok, no he didn't. But you have to respect a man that grew up on the rough and tumble streets of New York City.
How he ever survived raising two daughters, I am not sure I know. (especially if you happen to know the two daughters).
As is tradition, here are the top five things I like about Mr. Walker/Ed/Dad (I think on the last visit I called him each, plus a few I am not supposed to repeat-ha).
- He is 6'8" with Afro
- He moved to Colorado (and not to Connecticut)
- He is a good grandfather to my kids
- I outweight him by 100 pounds (so while he has a reach advantage over me, I could tackle him and break a hip or something...)
- Took us to Dinosaur Ridge (I think that was the name, if not it should be) which Reagan still talks excitedly about today. A great hike up the side of a ridge with bones partially excavated. A very cool place over by Red Rocks.
- He drives a rad Monte Carlo, which he races young punks for their pink slips. Cool.
Happy Birthday from all of us here...
Comments