
Ugh. For those who hate to hear about others vacations, you'll love this:
- what a waste of money
- the weather was horrible
- the food was bad
So we paddle via ocean kayak to Scrub Island (a small, mostly undeveloped island). Mel wants to sit in the sun and me, well, I hide from the sun. So I do my uncharted Island routine. Mel gives me 15 minutes to explore. So I come back into her sight with my plan:
- I find a basket to put things in
- I find some rope and a mooring ball. I figure I can dive down, tie off the rope and charge boats money to pick up my mooring (about $25 per night is the going rate). Instant income.
- I find sea glass and shells. Mel can make jewelry to sell to the people who are picking up my mooring.
- I find Mel a chair (she likes to sit now and then).

Our private little island was amazing, beautiful, restfull and really good rum... Click here for our photos
A special thanks to Ed and Keith for the rum, hats and painkiller mix they had waiting for us on the island...we thouroughly enjoyed it all...
I'll offer up more special stores as the week progresses and lose my burn, hangover and steel drums ringing in my ear such as: "the polish man and the donkey" or "yeah, I can sail anything"...
Have a great week.
Comments