It is over. Done. Fini. Caput. The specter that was coaching girls U-12 (under 12) soccer is over. Not that it was hugely taxing, but the weight of making every decision, weather call, handling questioning parents over a season that only produced one win (and hallelujah for that!) adds up and weighs on my conscious.
Yesterday was our "carnival of fun". This was a synthetic substitute for not traveling to a Rhode Island tournament. We only had 4 players have a strong yes to go, and I wasn't one of them. That tourney is a two day event in the freezing cold. It wasn't fun or put together well. And did I mention it was cold last year?
So, I created a tournament of our own. We played 3 vs 3 games, I ended up having to put our assistant coach and I on a team to make the numbers work. Then we had the feats of strength: longest throw in, longest kick and fastest kick (I had borrowed a speed gun the baseball team uses to tell how fast our girls could kick the ball - I kick at 43 mph while the girls kick around mid thirties.)
It was a fun day, I am sore now and my knees hurt. Perhaps I am getting to old for this? Nah.
I'll have some photos up on this soon.
And side note: weekday one of November and my promises are kept. Woo Hoo
Yesterday was our "carnival of fun". This was a synthetic substitute for not traveling to a Rhode Island tournament. We only had 4 players have a strong yes to go, and I wasn't one of them. That tourney is a two day event in the freezing cold. It wasn't fun or put together well. And did I mention it was cold last year?
So, I created a tournament of our own. We played 3 vs 3 games, I ended up having to put our assistant coach and I on a team to make the numbers work. Then we had the feats of strength: longest throw in, longest kick and fastest kick (I had borrowed a speed gun the baseball team uses to tell how fast our girls could kick the ball - I kick at 43 mph while the girls kick around mid thirties.)
It was a fun day, I am sore now and my knees hurt. Perhaps I am getting to old for this? Nah.
I'll have some photos up on this soon.
And side note: weekday one of November and my promises are kept. Woo Hoo
Comments