
As I mentioned the other day, Reagan is going to Puerto Rico with her Grandma for a week. Mel has very fond memories of spending the summer down there and we both think she will have a blast. But there are potential problems:
- she doesn't speak Spanish (though I wish Grandma had taught her). Now Reagan holds onto French and says she loves it only to irritate me. Like we are going to be taken over by the French... Of course, if Reagan did learn Spanish, my secret language to Melissa would be totally ineffective. I use it to convey things I don't want the kids to hear, like "Quieres helado?" or "Quiero Taco Bell".
- What if the tears come? What if the separation is too much and no one can do anything about it because she is 2000 miles away? Mel says I'll be ok (because I am talking about me here breaking down), but I am just not sure, she is my little girl.
- What if she comes back in baggy pants, gold chains, sprays grafitti on my car and says, "wasssup padre". Ok, cheap shot at the Hartford Puerto Ricans. I retract it.
Comments