
With the Senate vote yesterday essentially turning down the ban on gay marriage, I noted my Senator, Mr. Dodd, did not vote (he was one of 3 that didn't).
So I took him to task, sending him an email as a constituent, demanding to know why my elected official did not represent my views. Or even his views, or views of my opponents, or the views of the highest polling folks, or views of his parents, or views of the local bartender.
I know the answer, and if I were he, I might have thought about not voting. But I still would have. He is strongly considering a run for the Presidency. Voting puts him on one side or the other. Not the coveted middle that the dems think will bring them to 1600 Penn. Ave.
I can't wait to hear, my schedule was too busy, or I was in the potty or my taxi broke down on the way to the vote. Or maybe he doesn't have an opinion. I'll let you know what response, if any, I get...
If I wasn't being watched before, I am sure they are tapping my phones now...and yours. and theirs...
Comments